Friday, January 30, 2009

2 supporting emails, one from my non muslim friend, and one from very good muslim friend!

Hello ,
When I went back to school, I gave myself tests. I read one book or chapter.
Close the book, then think about what I read, then test myself by asking
questions. Then double checking the answers I wrote. (writing helps me
remember; others learn and remember other ways). I also did the same for
topics not covered in the course, in case there were surprise questions.
After cramming each day, I'd declare a holiday and just relax or "play". Then
get good sleep and then continue the next day. So break it up into smaller
sections, to work on.

If you go blank on a question, theink about related topics/; (make notes0
might trigger correct answer. Don't stall too long.
Get the others done; then go back and write what's in your mind even if it's
not the exact answer they're looking for. You might get points for "going
beyond " what they've asked.
(won't work if the questions are True or False or circle the correct answer;
but might help on open-ended questions.

I think you have more knowledge than you realize. It will no doubt help you be
an excellent doctor and maybe even reading here will help you with the tests.
So stay positive; keep working at it. And the very last night, take a break,
have a relaxing meal, do something nice for yourself and have a restful sleep.

We're pulling for your success. You're more than you realize. Stay positive.
J

Assalam u alaikum, ----- behn,

Sorry I wasn't very helpful for you, maybe because I always think you are calling me for my benefit.
But I realize later that you need some comfort too.
You know that for every thing we do it becomes a good deed depending on our niyyah, and for best niyyah we need to do lots of duas with infinite hope.
Getting a medical degree looks like a very worldly thing, but if our goals are high, and our niyyah is to serve Islam through this, inshallah it would be a best means to get Jannah.
It's also good to establish economic situation, for a muslim family to benefit muslim umma.
Sooo be happy & study.

wassalam

No comments:

Post a Comment